CHIEF COMPLIANCE OFFICER, RIA Financial Investments firm
(Head of Compliance)
Multiple offices: location flexible. North of Seattle.
This position reports to the Managing Partners of the RIA Firm and will have Compliance oversight of the investment adviser activities. Two-office firm
with 4 advisers currently managing an $900MM fiduciary portfolio. Travel between offices as needed. (Whatcom County and Snohomish County) SEC compliant: NOT a FINRA-regulated firm. So suitable experience required.
Much of process, policies and handbooks are in place. Managing and implementing are incumbent with this role.
The individual that fills this position will hold the following key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Member of the Executive Team, and Due Diligence and Investment Committees, responsible for day-to-day guidance in compliance areas of the firm. Initially work with Partner who does Compliance. This role will take over those duties.
- Responsible for managing the compliance program for the firm to ensure policies and procedures are adequate in areas including, but not limited to creation, maintenance and enforcement of policies from SEC, Record Retention, Privacy, Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”), Cybersecurity, Business Continuity and Identity Theft Protection Policies.
- Lead advisory team through annual and quarterly goal setting, measurement of key performance indicators and regular meetings.
- Supervise and conduct compliance reviews and regular risk assessments, coordinate independent inspections, provide guidance regarding concerns discovered and ensure reviews and corrective action are documented.
- Regularly report risks discovered and progress in mitigation to senior management of the firms.
- Collaborate with the General Counsel on and contribute to annual reports to senior management.
- Assist firm personnel in creating, implementing and documenting corrective action to eliminate risks.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating systems for filing and maintaining Firm records in compliance with applicable regulations, including supervision of regulatory filings.
- Receive and log customer complaints received by the compliance department and supervise required regulatory filings.
- Liaison with state and federal regulators for regulatory inquiries, examinations and other routine and specific requests.
- Collaborate with senior management on issues including strategic growth of the Firm.
- Other tasks and projects as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least five years of Chief Compliance Officer experience, with experience in alternative investments and independent RIA firms preferred.
- Management and leadership experience with a desire to continue to grow and learn new techniques.
- Significant experience and knowledge of compliance, suitability issues, securities products and advisory business.
- Strong knowledge of SEC and state rules and regulations.
- Strong computer skills required, including solid ability using MS Outlook, MS Word, and MS Excel as well as other internal systems.
- Excellent oral, written communication skills and pleasant attitude toward clients.
Additional Preferred Licensing and Requirements: C.F.P. a plus, not required.
Salary Range: Based on experience